“Do I need a new roof, or can I just repair my existing roof?” We get this question all the time, and the answer changes for every homeowner. Depending on the age, care, construction, and condition of your roof, a roof replacement may be a more affordable alternative for you in the long run. If your roof is in good condition though, a simple roof repair could cost significantly less money.
With a roof assessment from Cox Roofing, you will learn what your repair, maintenance, and replacement options are, along with the short-term and long-term costs you will encounter with each option. From there, you can determine the right route for you.
Indicators That Determine If Repair or Replacement Is Right for You
When we inspect a roof system, we look over every layer of the roof to determine what can be fixed and what needs to be completely redone. From there, we will give you two prices:
- The cost of bringing your roof up to good standards
- The cost of replacing your roof (including our 10 year labor warranty)
The costs may be similar, or they may be drastically different. It all depends on the state of your roof. With that in mind, the cost of roof repair will also need to include long-term maintenance, which could add up to more money in the future if your roof isn’t in great shape at the moment. With a new roof, you will have the peace of mind that your roofing is guaranteed to last for years to come without trouble.
Common Roof Maintenance Every Homeowner Needs
Your roof is just like a car – it needs regular maintenance to function properly and look its best. The older your roof is, the more maintenance it will require before it has to be replaced. Some common forms of roof maintenance include:
- Gutter Cleaning – Twice a year, right before fall and right after fall.
- Flashing Inspection – Within the first 10 years of the roof’s life, and every two years after that.
- Check for Granule Loss – Evident in the gutters, and it could be a sign you need new shingles.
- Replace Raised, Buckled, or Curled Shingles – Sign you need some new shingles, and could indicate other damage below the surface.
- Check for Dents – May be apparent in your aluminum vents and gutters after a storm.
To learn more about roof repair, roof replacement, and roof maintenance, contact Cox Roofing today to speak to one of our knowledgeable roofers.